Spelling Bee Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other spelling bees

4 posters

Go down

Other spelling bees Empty Other spelling bees

Post  jverney Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Does anyone participate in spelling bees other than the Scripps bee? Are there any other spelling bees open to everybody? Smile

jverney

http://www.sensulato.com/

Back to top Go down

Other spelling bees Empty Nope

Post  SpellingAudrey Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 pm

My area (Wauwatosa, WI) is horrible at signing up for academic competitons. The spelling bee connected to Scripps is the only academic competition we have currently. I think they used to have an international website contest, but that disappeared the year I was old enough to do it. Sad

SpellingAudrey

Back to top Go down

Other spelling bees Empty Re: Other spelling bees

Post  tatasport Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 am

I am. I'm bidding for my participation for Scripps Bee and later's international Bee, though – but I'm a ninth grader and my country's eligibility is just from first to ninth grader and those spellers are divided into groups of grades.

tatasport

Back to top Go down

Other spelling bees Empty Another Bee..

Post  AbbyNormal Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:58 am

jverney, I don't know if you are Indian or not, but if you are then you can participate in the North South Foundation Bee and the South Asian Spelling Bee. If you are ten or under (I think that's the requirement) then you can participate in the MastiSpell spelling bee.
AbbyNormal
AbbyNormal

Back to top Go down

Post  tatasport Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 am

And I forgot to mention something (important).

I participated in 2011 & 2012's World Education Games and both of years I've been participating included World Spelling Day (official website of the Spelling one is http://worldspellingday.com/). You can register and train ON and after February 1st of each year, and for your information, next year's competition to be held on March 5th, 2013 – register yourselves and mark your calendars! Smile

My results were:
2011:
11-13 Age Division
Computer: 77th place (WORLDWIDE)
Mobile: 13th place
2012: 11-13 Age Division: 7th place (WORLDWIDE)

Just hope I can reach another Top 10 next year at the new age category (14-18 Age Division). And let I spoil something on that category, you should study mostly from Spell-It!, because when you encounter like level 3, 4, 5 of that age category, you'll find out that some or almost all of the words right there are taken from Spell-It!.

tatasport

Back to top Go down

Post  jverney Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:16 am

tatasport wrote:I am. I'm bidding for my participation for Scripps Bee and later's international Bee, though – but I'm a ninth grader and my country's eligibility is just from first to ninth grader and those spellers are divided into groups of grades.

Are you saying that if you are from outside the US then you are allowed to enter as a 9th grader? Or does the 9th grade in your home country equate to the 8th grade in the US? scratch

Thank for the World Spelling Day information. It looks very interesting and certainly worth pursuing Smile

jverney

Back to top Go down

Post  jverney Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:19 am

AbbyNormal wrote:jverney, I don't know if you are Indian or not, but if you are then you can participate in the North South Foundation Bee and the South Asian Spelling Bee. If you are ten or under (I think that's the requirement) then you can participate in the MastiSpell spelling bee.

Thanks for the info, AbbyNormal. I had seen the South Asian Spelling Bee before in a news article. Sadly, I am not eligible to enter. Sad

jverney

Back to top Go down

Post  AbbyNormal Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:21 am

jverney wrote:
AbbyNormal wrote:jverney, I don't know if you are Indian or not, but if you are then you can participate in the North South Foundation Bee and the South Asian Spelling Bee. If you are ten or under (I think that's the requirement) then you can participate in the MastiSpell spelling bee.

Thanks for the info, AbbyNormal. I had seen the South Asian Spelling Bee before in a news article. Sadly, I am not eligible to enter. Sad

I'm not either Sad
AbbyNormal
AbbyNormal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down