Spelling Bee Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bee prizes

2 posters

Go down

Bee prizes Empty Bee prizes

Post  Ian-Admin Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:39 pm

SO, mostly all of us got all of the prizes from the Bee...

I only participated in the Preliminaries (missed the Semifinals by 2 points Sad ), so I got $100.
And the coin thingy will all the rare coins and stuff. (Snigdha would love that, she collects rare coins.)

So here is the prizes selection from the Bee:

For the Champion:

From Scripps, a $30,000 cash prize and an engraved trophy

From Merriam-Webster, a $2,500 U.S. savings bond and a complete reference library

From Sigma Phi Epsilon Educational Foundation, a $5,000 scholarship

From Encyclopaedia Britannica, $2,600 in reference works, including the Final Print Edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica and a lifetime membership to Britannica Online Premium

From Middlebury Interactive Languages, an online language course and a Nook Color

For the Champion's School and Sponsor:

From Scripps, engraved plaques

For the Championship Finalists:

From Encyclopaedia Britannica, 2012 Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite DVD-ROM

For All Spellers:

From Scripps:

Participated only in the Preliminaries: $100 gift card

Participated in the Semifinals but not in the Championship Finals: $500 gift card

Misspell in the first round of the Championship Finals to seventh place: $1,500

Sixth Place: $2,000

Fifth Place: $2,500

Fourth Place: $3,000b

Third Place: $7,500 (Arvind)

Second Place: $12,500 (Stuti)

First Place: $30,000 (Snigdha)

From Merriam-Webster, Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged, on CD-ROM
From Mr. Jay Sugarman, The Samuel Louis Sugarman Award—a 2012 United States Mint Proof Set and Award Certificate presented by Mr. Sugarman in honor of his father

Spellers who are eliminated from the competition in the same round are assigned the same rank (place). If Bee officials declare co-champions, each co-champion will receive a $30,000 first place cash prize. Cash prizes for championship finalist spellers who are tied for places other than first place will be determined in accordance with the method described in this example: If three spellers are tied for fourth place, the cash prize for these three spellers will be determined by adding the prize amounts for fourth, fifth and sixth place and dividing by three (the number of spellers tied for fourth place).

^^^ I wonder how much money in all that Scripps spent... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-Ian

Ian-Admin
Ian-Admin
Admin

https://spellingbeeforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bee prizes Empty Re: Bee prizes

Post  German.Steel Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:52 pm

I got a pack of M&M's once for winning the county spelling bee. Ha, and the other time I won, I got $200.

German.Steel

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum